Jun 08, 2021 7:20 PM

HFD battles residential fire

Posted Jun 08, 2021 7:20 PM

HUTCHINSON, Kan. — One person was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a residence in Hutchinson Tuesday morning. 

Hutchinson Fire Crews responded to 716 W. 12th Ave. around 11:11 a.m. and found smoke coming from the rear of a single-story residence with the fire confined to the living room area of the home. The Hutchinson Police Department assisted the resident out of the structure as fire crews arrived. That person was treated, but refused transport to the hospital.

Fire damage was contained to the living room area with smoke damage throughout the home. The cause of the fire was smoking near an oxygen device. Residents are being assisted by the American Red Cross.

CLICK HERE to download the Hutch Post mobile app.
CLICK HERE to sign up for the daily Hutch Post email news update.