Kansas Virtual Fair GENERAL ENTRY Rules
Sponsored by Eagle Communications
825 N. Main St.
Hutchinson, KS 67501
1. All entries must be within the listening areas of KHUT-FM, KHMY-FM or KWBW, which include the Kansas counties of Reno, Harvey, Kingman, Pratt, Stafford, Rice, McPherson, Barton, Ellsworth, Saline, Marion, Butler, Sedgwick, Sumner, Harper, Barber, Kiowa, Edwards and Pawnee counties. There will be a review process to consider entries that do not meet this requirement.
2. Sponsors of the Kansas Virtual Fair and Talent Search, employees of competing media as well as employees of Eagle Communications and their immediate families are not eligible.
3. Virtual Fair runs 09/01/20 through 09/18/20. Participants may upload photos of their entries on the contest page at HutchPost.com.
4. Random prize winners will be notified via phone on 9/28/20 If contact cannot be made by 5 p.m. 9/28/20, an alternate winner may be chosen and contacted 9/30/20.
5. Random prize winners will be awarded various prizes, including but not limited to: sponsor gift certificates, gate entry to the 2021 Kansas State Fair or tumblers.
6. Participants MUST PROVIDE VALID WORKING PHONE NUMBER WITH ACTIVATED VOICEMAIL BOX.
7. Judges reserve the right to deny an entry they deem as not fitting.
8. To maintain the amateur spirit of the fair, no known professionals will be considered.
9. Entries must be submitted by someone at least 13 years of age.. Please include yourself in the picture with your entry.
10. Please keep in mind that your project will be viewed by a variety of people. No offensive language or gestures will be allowed.
11. By uploading a photo, participants and all involved acknowledge these rules and accept any final decision by Eagle Communications and its judges, as well as any potential consequences from their submission in an online public forum.
12. Eagle Communications and the Kansas State Fair reserve the right to use participant’s name, audio, video and/or photo for any publicity purposes.
13. Eagle Communications and its judges reserve the right to change or re-interpret these rules at any time, including adding restrictions after unforeseen circumstances.
14. All decisions by Eagle Communications and its judges are final.
15. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Virtual Fair is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Virtual Fair is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Eagle Communications in its sole discretion, Eagle Communications may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Virtual Fair to address the impairment and then resume the Virtual Fair in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Virtual Fair and, in the event of termination, award any prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Virtual Fair or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Virtual Fair may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
16. By participating in the Virtual Fair, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Virtual Fair, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Virtual Fair or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Virtual Fair, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Virtual Fair; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing, or typographical errors; (d) application downloads, (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Virtual Fair, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Virtual Fair t, the announcement of the winner, the incorrect downloading of the application, the processing of entries application downloads or in any Virtual Fair -related materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Virtual Fair or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Release Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Virtual Fair and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Release Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Virtual Fair. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages.