LAWRENCE, Kan. – The No. 3 Kansas Jayhawks (19-3, 8-1 Big 12) will begin the second half of Big 12 play when they meet the TCU Horned Frogs (13-9, 4-5 Big 12) in Fort Worth on Saturday, Feb. 8. Tipoff from Schollmaier Arena is slated for 11 a.m. (CT) on ESPN2. Rich Hollenberg (play-by-play) and Chris Spatola (analyst) will call the action.
- Halfway through the 2020 Big 12 season, Kansas sits alone in second place at 8-1 in the league standings, one game behind Baylor (9-0). West Virginia (6-3) is in third, two games behind KU.
- At 19-3, KU is vying to add to its NCAA active record of consecutive 20-win seasons, currently at 30, which began in 1989-90. KU’s 31-straight 20-win seasons would tie the NCAA record, set by North Carolina from 1971-2001.
- Kansas leads the overall series with TCU, 18-2, including 7-1 in games played in Fort Worth and 6-1 in Schollmaier Arena. KU has won the last four meetings and 14 of the last 15 battles with TCU dating back to Feb. 23, 2013.
- KU is ranked No. 4 in the NET rankings as of Feb. 5 games. The Jayhawks’ strength of schedule is No. 1 nationally. Kansas is the only school with 10 Quadrant 1 wins. KU is 10-3 against Q1. Baylor and Butler are second in Q1 wins with eight apiece.
- KU head coach Bill Self is 699-214 in his 27th season overall, including 492-109 in his 17th season at KU. When he reaches the 700th career victory, Self (57 years, one month old) will be the second-youngest coach in NCAA DI history to reach 700 victories.
- Bob Knight was 56 years, four months old when he claimed win No. 700.Coaching his 914th career game Saturday, Self would also be the sixth-fastest to claim his 700th win. It would be 24 games faster than legendary KU coach Phog Allen, who won a total 746 games from 1906-56.
- Senior Udoka Azubuike is one of three players in the NCAA averaging a double-double and three or more blocks in league play. Azubuike is averaging 11.6 ppg, 10.3 rpg and 3.2 bpg against conference foes.
- KU is 25-1 during Azubuike’s career when he scores 15 or more points, including 10-0 this season. KU is 15-1 when Azubuike posts a double-double for his career (8-1 this season).
- Sophomore Devon Dotson leads the Big 12 in scoring at 18.0 points per game. The reigning Big 12 Player or the Week, Dotson has scored 20 or more points in seven outings this season.