Kansas Virtual Fair Talent Search Rules
Sponsored by Eagle Communications
825 N. Main St.
Hutchinson, KS 67501
1. All entries must be within the listening areas of KHUT-FM, KHMY-FM or KWBW, which include the Kansas counties of Reno, Harvey, Kingman, Pratt, Stafford, Rice, McPherson, Barton, Ellsworth, Saline, Marion, Butler, Sedgwick, Sumner, Harper, Barber, Kiowa, Edwards and Pawnee counties. There will be a review process to consider entries that do not meet this requirement.
2. Sponsors of the Kansas Virtual Fair and Talent Search, employees of competing media as well as employees of Eagle Communications and their immediate families are not eligible.
3. Promotion runs 09/01/20-09/27/20. Winners will be notified via phone on 9/28/20. If contact cannot be made by 5pm 9/28/20, an alternate winner may be chosen and contacted 9/30/20. Participants MUST PROVIDE VALID WORKING PHONE NUMBER WITH ACTIVATED VOICEMAIL BOX.
4. From 09/01/20 through 09/18/20, participants may upload videos of their performances on the contest page at HutchPost.com. From 09/19/20 through 09/24/20, the public will be allowed to vote for their favorite act on HutchPost.com. The act with the most votes will win “FAN FAVORITE” and $500 from Eagle Communications. (In the event of a tie, Eagle Communications will select a random winner.) Also, during that time, Eagle Communications and Kansas State Fair judges will choose the “GRAND PRIZE” winner of $1000 and an appearance at the 2021 Kansas State Fair. Both winners will be announced on the air on KHUT, KHMY and KWBW, as well as online at HutchPost.com and corresponding social media pages.
5. For the “GRAND PRIZE” Talent Search winner, a panel of judges from Eagle Communications and the Kansas State Fair will select the best act based on the following criteria: Presentation, 25%; Creativity, 25%; Clarity, 25% and Ability, 25%.
6. It will be possible for a contestant to win BOTH the judges GRAND PRIZE and the FAN FAVORITE awards.
7. All entries must be MUSICAL in nature. Judges reserve the right to deny an entry they deem as not fitting with this requirement.
8. To maintain the amateur spirit of the fair, no recording artists with a past or current record contract may participate.
9. Limit (1) one entry per person or group. (ie: a vocalist for a band cannot also enter as a soloist, a drummer for a band, cannot enter as a solo vocalist.)
10. Any combination or vocal and/or instrumental performance will be accepted, including bands with or without vocals.
11. Vocalists may sing with an instrumental only backing track if they do not have a band, with the expectation that the voice will be clearly heard over the music. No synthesized backing tracks allowed.
12. Reverb may be used on vocals, but no synthesized effects are allowed on vocals.
13. In the use of any electronic keyboard, no preprogrammed music is allowed; the contestant must create all sound live on stage.
14. No lip syncing allowed. Any video suspicious of lip-synced vocals will be disqualified.
15. Bands/musicians must clearly show each member playing each instrument live. No synced background music or recordings allowed.
16. Participants must must be at least 13 years of age, but if the chosen winner is under 18, their cash prize may be awarded to their legal parent or guardian.
17. It is strongly recommended that the video recording run no more than 3 minutes long. Under no circumstances may a video run more than 5 minutes. All submissions must be NO LONGER than 5 minutes in length.
18. The Talent Search is a family friendly event. No acts will be posted wearing any clothing with themes considered inappropriate. When selecting your routine, please keep in mind that this is a public performance in front of a variety of people. No offensive language or gestures will be allowed in your performance.
19. By uploading a video for this contest, contestants and all involved in the video acknowledge these contest rules and accept any final decision by Eagle Communications and its judges, as well as any potential consequences from their performance in an online public forum.
20. The Kansas State Fair will make every attempt to arrange a performance opportunity for the GRAND PRIZE winner at the 2021 State Fair. However, the Kansas State Fair and Eagle Communications will not be responsible for making extraordinary special arrangements due to scheduling problems or rescheduling due to events beyond their control.
21.Eagle Communications and the Kansas State Fair reserves the right to use contestant name, audio, video and/or photo for any publicity purposes.
22. Eagle Communications and its judges reserve the right to change or re-interpret these rules at any time, including adding restrictions after unforeseen circumstances.
23. All decisions by Eagle Communications and its judges are final.
24. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Eagle Communications in its sole discretion, Eagle Communications may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
25. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b)unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human , printing, or typographical errors; (d) application downloads, (e ) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the winner, the incorrect downloading of the application, the processing of entries application downloads or in any Contest-related materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Release Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Release parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages.